YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
With just a handful of ingredients, this simple pasta dish is what’s for dinner when zucchini is in season and plentiful. You can pair it with just about anything (or enjoy it on its own), but it’s a great supporting act for
grilled chicken or baked fish. Or, toss some sautéed shrimp on top.
LOW FODMAP SAUTÉED ZUCCHINI PASTA Ingredients
- 2 CUPS (224 G) GLUTEN-FREE ROTINI OR FUSILLI PASTA
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) OLIVE OIL
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC, PEELED AND SMASHED, BUT KEPT WHOLE
- 1 LARGE ZUCCHINI, QUARTERED LENGTHWISE AND SLICED
- ½ OF A RED BELL PEPPER , CHOPPED
- 1 TEASPOON ITALIAN HERB SEASONING
- ½ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- ¼ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- ¼ CUP (25 G) GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
LOW FODMAP SAUTÉED ZUCCHINI PASTA Steps
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until browned.
- Remove and discard the garlic.
- Add the zucchini and red bell pepper and sauté until lightly
browned and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with the Italian herb seasoning, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Cook until the pasta is just heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.