You will learn
Best Low Fodmap Snacks
Here are some great low-FODMAP snack ideas:
- Fresh fruit makes an excellent low-FODMAP snack.
- Vegetables. or crunch on some cucumber, carrot sticks
- Crackers— Try suitable gluten-free crispbreads, rice cakes, rice crackers (no onion powder), or corn thins with one of the toppings or cheeses below. Pair gluten-free rice crackers or gluten-free pretzels with cheddar cheese slices.
- Toppings—Use peanut butter, red meat, chicken, fish, egg, cheese, grated or sliced vegetables, creamed corn, or a small serving of cottage cheese.
- Roll-ups. Whip up a quick, filling snack by rolling up a gluten-free tortilla with sliced turkey, Swiss cheese, and mayo or with peanut butter and organic raspberry jam.
- Cheese—Enjoy hard and ripened cheeses, cheese sticks, cheese wedges, cheese slices, or mini cheeses.
- Smoothies. Just toss a few healthy ingredients into a blender, and you’re ready to go.
- Other “every day” snacks—Eat yoghurt (lactose-free if necessary), popcorn, small amounts of nut and seed mixes (no pistachios or cashews), or a hard-boiled egg.
- Commercial “sometimes” snacks—Try chocolate, potato chips, candy, or ice cream (lactose-free if necessary).
- Nuts and seeds. This one couldn’t be easier: Simply grab a handful of some low-FODMAP nuts or seeds, such as walnuts, pecans, or pumpkin seeds. Try a Granola Bars
High vs LOW Fodmap Fruits Snacks:
|High-FODMAP Fruits||Low-FODMAP Fruits|
High vs LOW Vegetables Snacks
|High-FODMAP Vegetables||Low-FODMAP Vegetables|
High vs LOW Cheese FODMAPs
|High-FODMAP Cheese||Low-FODMAP Cheese|