This salad is another of my favourites. It boasts a tangy raspberry vinaigrette that’s a snap to whisk together (the secret is raspberry jam!), while the mandarin oranges and feta cheese provide complementarily sweet-and-salty elements. Just make sure the raspberry jam doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup; organic brands are usually a good bet. Try it on its own for a light lunch or serve it with grilled fish.
LOW FODMAP RASPBERRY WALNUT SALAD Recipe
- 1 PACKAGE (5 OUNCES, OR 140 G) MIXED BABY LETTUCE
- ½ CUP (75 G) CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE
- ¼ CUP (30 G) CHOPPED WALNUTS, TOASTED
- 4 SCALLIONS (GREEN PARTS ONLY), SLICED
- 2 MANDARIN ORANGES, PEELED AND SECTIONED
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) WALNUT OIL
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) RED WINE VINEGAR
- 2 TABLESPOONS (40 G) RASPBERRY JAM (CHECK PRODUCT INGREDIENTS FOR FODMAPS)
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) WATER
- PINCH OF KOSHER SALT
LOW FODMAP RASPBERRY WALNUT SALAD Steps
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, feta cheese, walnuts, scallions, and mandarin oranges.
- In a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, place the walnut oil, red wine vinegar, raspberry jam, water, and kosher salt. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Toss the dressing with the salad
- Immediately before serving.