YIELD: 24 COOKIES
These cookies are a holiday dessert-tray staple, but they’re also great year-round. Just be sure to
avoid excess fructose by using a jam that does not contain high-fructose corn syrup. Organic brands
are usually trustworthy since most of them are made with pure sugar, not HFCS.
LOW FODMAP RASPBERRY COOKIES Ingredients
- 6 TABLESPOONS (85 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- ¾ CUP (150 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 LARGE EGG
- ½ TEASPOON PURE ALMOND EXTRACT
- ½ TEASPOON SALT
- 2 CUPS (324 G) BASIC FLOUR BLEND
- ½ CUP (160 G) RASPBERRY JAM (CHECK PRODUCT INGREDIENTS FOR FODMAPS)
- 1 CUP (120 G) CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- 2 TO 3 TEASPOONS (10 TO 15 ML) WATER
- ¼ TEASPOON PURE ALMOND EXTRACT
LOW FODMAP RASPBERRY THUMBPRINT COOKIES Steps
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in the large bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until
light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, almond extract, and kosher salt and beat until creamy.
- Turn the mixer to low; slowly add the Basic Flour Blend and beat until fully incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 1¼-inch (3 cm) balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheets about
2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation on the top of each cookie.
- Fill each indentation with ¼ teaspoon of the jam.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the bottom edges just start to lightly brown.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together the confectioners’ sugar, water, and almond extract in a small bowl.
- Add more water by the half teaspoonful, if necessary.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies.