YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
There’s nothing difficult about this fresh, light, lemony pasta dish—it takes just minutes to make—but it’s so elegant that you’ll want to serve it the next time you have company over for dinner, or if you’re planning a romantic night in. All it needs for accompaniment is a crisp side salad.
LOW FODMAP SHRIMP PASTA WITH LEMON AND KALE Ingredients
- 8 OUNCES (225 G) RICE SPAGHETTI OR OTHER GLUTEN-FREE SPAGHETTI
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) OLIVE OIL
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC, PEELED
- 4 CUPS (268 G) CHOPPED FRESH KALE
- 1 POUND (455 G) SHRIMP, PEELED AND DEVEINED
- ½ TEASPOON GRATED LEMON ZEST
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) FRESH LEMON JUICE
- ½ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- ½ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- ¼ CUP (25 G) GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE (OPTIONAL)
LOW FODMAP SHRIMP PASTA WITH LEMON AND KALE Steps
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package
- Drain and rinse with cold running water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until the garlic starts to brown.
- Remove and discard the garlic.
- Add the kale and shrimp to the skillet.
- Sauté until the kale is wilted and the shrimp is opaque about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet and toss gently with a pair of tongs to combine
and heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese, if desired.