YIELD: 18 TO 20 POPPERS
I love to keep a batch of these little nuggets in the fridge so that I can reach for one anytime I need
a quick energy boost—like when I’m absolutely starving, but it’s too close to dinnertime to make
a full-on snack (which, somehow, seems to happen nearly every day). Packed with natural peanut butter,
oats, coconut, and chocolate, they’re so filling that just one is enough to tide you over until your
LOW FODMAP POWER POPPERS Ingredients
- ¾ CUP (195 G) NATURAL CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 TEASPOON PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- ½ CUP (51 G) QUINOA FLAKES OR QUICK-COOKING
- OATS (40 G) (GLUTEN-FREE IF NECESSARY)
- ¼ CUP (20 G) UNSWEETENED SHREDDED COCONUT
- 2 TABLESPOONS (22 G) FINELY CHOPPED DARK CHOCOLATE (OR MINI SEMISWEET
CHOCOLATE CHIPS, IF TOLERATED)
LOW FODMAP POWER POPPERS Steps
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the quinoa flakes, coconut, and the chopped dark chocolate.
- The mixture will be very thick; you may need to use your hands to
combine the ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into 1¼-inch (3 cm) balls.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.