YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Oil, soy sauce, lemon juice—and maple syrup? That might sound like an unusual cast of characters,
but together, they make an amazing marinade for pork chops (which works well with chicken, too).
Serve them with Parmesan Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans and Prosciutto.
This recipe was inspired by a similar one on food.com.
LOW FODMAP GRILLED MARINATED PORK CHOPS Ingredients
- ⅓ CUP (80 ML) EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- ⅓ CUP (80 ML) GLUTEN-FREE SOY SAUCE OR TAMARI
- ¼ CUP (60 ML) FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 4 SCALLIONS (GREEN PARTS ONLY), SLICED
- 1 TEASPOON DRIED OREGANO
- ½ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 4 THICK-CUT, BONE-IN PORK CHOPS
LOW FODMAP GRILLED MARINATED PORK CHOPS Steps
- Combine the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup, scallions, oregano, and black pepper
in a medium bowl.
- Place the pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag, pour the marinade over the pork chops, and seal the bag.
- Let the pork chops marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat the grill to medium heat and sear the pork chops on the grill, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Move the chops away from direct heat and continue to cook until their internal temperature
reaches 145°F (63°C), about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.