YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
This creamy pasta is another low-FODMAP adaptation of one of my childhood favorites, and it couldn’t be easier to make. If you already have frozen portions of the broth and Spinach Basil Pesto on hand, it’ll really come together in a flash. Add a side of steamed vegetables, and you’ve got a balanced weeknight meal.
LOW FODMAP CREAMY PESTO TUNA PASTA Ingredients
- 3 CUPS (336 G) GLUTEN-FREE SPIRAL PASTA
- ¼ CUP (60 ML) LACTOSE-FREE OR NONDAIRY MILK
- 3 TABLESPOONS (30 G) BASIC FLOUR BLEND
- 1 CUP (235 ML) CHICKEN BROTH, CHICKEN STOCK, OR VEGETABLE BROTH
- ½ CUP (120 ML) SPINACH BASIL PESTO
- 2 CANS (5 OUNCES, OR 140 G EACH) LIGHT CHUNK TUNA IN WATER, DRAINED
- ¼ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT (OR TO TASTE)
- ¼ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER (OR TO TASTE)
LOW FODMAP CREAMY PESTO TUNA PASTA Steps
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold running water.
- Combine the milk and Basic Flour Blend in a small bowl and stir until there are no lumps.
- In a large skillet, combine the broth or stock and Spinach Basil Pesto and bring to a simmer over
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and, while constantly stirring, slowly pour the
milk mixture into the skillet.
- Continue to cook and stir for a few minutes until thickened.
- Add the tuna and cooked pasta and stir until well combined and heated.
- Season with the kosher salt and black pepper and serve.