I absolutely adore pesto so I was really keen to try and make my own low-FODMAP version after starting the low-FODMAP diet. The pesto goes really well with pasta and bacon, so I’ve included this simple recipe along with the pesto recipe itself, which is at the end of the post. You’ll need a food processor for the pesto by the way.
Pasta with Bacon Pesto Ingredients
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 3 or 4
- 250g gluten-free pasta of your choice
- Pesto (recipe at end of post)
- 3 slices of bacon
- Grated parmesan to serve
Pasta with Bacon Pesto Instructions
- Measure out pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, heat a small amount of oil in a pan, cut bacon into small pieces and fry until cooked.
- When pasta is ready, drain and return to saucepan.
- Stir in the pesto (recipe below) and bacon pieces so all pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve and grate parmesan over the top.