YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
Blueberry crisp is one of my favourites, but if you’re on a low-FODMAP diet, it’s important to be mindful of serving sizes,
as blueberries contain fructans. But with these individual mini crisps, it’s easy to control both FODMAPs and calories at the same time.
LOW FODMAP MINI BLUEBERRY CRISPS Ingredients
- 3 TABLESPOONS (42 G) UNSALTED BUTTER OR VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
- ½ CUP (40 G) QUICK-COOKING OATS (GLUTENFREE IF NECESSARY)
- ⅓ CUP (75 G) PACKED BROWN SUGAR
- ¼ CUP (41 G) BASIC FLOUR BLEND
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- ¼ TEASPOON SALT
- 1 CUP (145 G) FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
LOW FODMAP MINI BLUEBERRY CRISPS Steps
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Double-line 6 cups of a standard-size muffin pan with paper liners.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats, brown sugar, Basic Flour Blend, cinnamon,
- Stir until well combined and crumbly. Press a heaping tablespoon (15 g) of the crisp
mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Add about 20 blueberries to each cup. Sprinkle each cup evenly with the remaining crisp mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the blueberries are bubbling and the tops are lightly browned.
- Serve warm.