YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Oily fish like salmon is always a healthy choice, so you can feel good about serving this dish just about as
often as you like. The maple-glazed salmon and sesame rice make a lovely sweet-and-savory combination, and the spinach provides a hefty dose of nutrients, like vitamin A and iron.
LOW FODMAP MAPLE-MARINATED SALMON WITH SESAME SPINACH RICE Ingredients
- ¼ CUP (60 ML) HOMEMADE GARLIC OLIVE OIL
- ¼ CUP (60 ML) PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) GLUTEN-FREE SOY SAUCE OR TAMARI
- ¼ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 4 BONELESS, SKINLESS SALMON FILLETS (4 OUNCES, OR 115 G, EACH)
- 1¾ CUPS (425 ML) WATER
- 1 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- 2 CUPS (384 G) INSTANT BROWN RICE
- 1 TABLESPOON (8 G) RAW SESAME SEEDS
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) TOASTED SESAME OIL
- 4 CUPS FRESH (120 G) BABY SPINACH
- 2 SCALLIONS (GREEN PARTS ONLY), SLICED
LOW FODMAP MAPLE-MARINATED SALMON WITH SESAME SPINACH RICE Steps
- Put the garlic olive oil in a bowl and stir in the maple syrup, soy sauce, and black pepper.
- Place the salmon in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour in the maple syrup mixture and toss to coat the salmon.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C, or gas mark 6).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet, drizzling a little of
the marinade on top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the salmon flakes with a fork.
Bring the water and kosher salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the rice and return to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and let it stand covered for another 5 minutes.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sesame seeds and toast until lightly browned.
- Transfer the seeds to a small plate.
- In the same skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the wilted spinach and toasted sesame seeds into the rice.
- Serve the salmon on top oft he sesame spinach rice and sprinkle with the sliced scallions.