Green beans are low in FODMAPs, but it’s important to be mindful of the serving size. Fortunately, this recipe is carefully calibrated to give you four low-FODMAP servings. If you are as big a fan of the humble green bean as I am, you will love this recipe. Roasting them enhances both their flavour and their texture, so you’re sure o love this twist on the classic green-beans-and-bacon combo.
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
LOW FODMAP ROASTED GREEN BEANS AND PROSCIUTTO Ingredients
- ½ POUND (225 G) FRESH GREEN BEANS, TRIMMED
- 2 SLICES OF PROSCIUTTO, CUT INTO ½-INCH (1.3 CM) STRIPS
- ⅛ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- ⅛ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
LOW FODMAP ROASTED GREEN BEANS AND PROSCIUTTO Steps
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C, or gas mark 6).
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Lay the green beans out on the sheet in a single layer.
Lightly spritz the beans with cooking spray as well.
- Sprinkle them with the prosciutto, kosher
salt, and black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then stir. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until
the green beans are browned and the prosciutto is crispy.
- Serve immediately.