These savory muffins are the perfect blend of protein and carbs, and they’re sure to keep your belly happy until lunchtime. Dig out your muffin pan from the back of the cupboard and make a batch this weekend. Then heat them up for a quick, savory breakfast on weekday mornings.
YIELD: 6 MUFFINS
LOW FODMAP ZUCCHINI QUINOA EGG MUFFINS Ingredients
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) OLIVE OIL
- 1 CUP (120 G) DICED ZUCCHINI
- ¼ CUP (38 G) DICED RED BELL PEPPER
- 5 LARGE EGGS
- ¾ CUP (139 G) COOKED QUINOA
- 3 TABLESPOONS (15 G) GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 2 SCALLIONS (GREEN PARTS ONLY), THINLY SLICED
- 1 TEASPOON ITALIAN HERB SEASONING
- ½ TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- ¼ TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
LOW FODMAP ZUCCHINI QUINOA EGG MUFFINS Steps
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C, or gas mark 3). Spray 6 of the cups in a muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini and red bell pepper until lightly browned and tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the cooked zucchini mixture, quinoa, Parmesan cheese, scallions, Italian herb seasoning, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.