This staple can be served as a side dish and, if you add meat, prawns or tofu and some sauce, makes a great base for a delicious low-FODMAP meal. I’ve used just 2 vegetables in my recipe, but you can add whatever you like.
Simple Egg Fried Rice Ingredients
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 to 4, depending on usage
- Rice of your choice (I used boil in the bag white rice)
- 3 spring onions, green part only
- Handful of beansprouts
- 1 egg
Simple Egg Fried Rice Instructions
- Cook some rice as per packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Chop the green part of the spring onions and get your beansprouts ready.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large pan and throw in your rice. Stir frequently so it doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn.
- Add the spring onions and beansprouts to the pan. Keep stirring!
- After a minute or so, push everything over to one side of the pan and break an egg into the space you’ve just created. Stir the egg around as if you were making scrambled egg.
- When the egg is mostly cooked through, stir everything together so the egg is evenly distributed throughout the rice.
- All done! Serve with any dish you like. I threw some prawns and soy sauce on mine.