YIELD: 16 SERVINGS
Makes a refreshing summertime treat since frozen cranberries are usually available year-round.
While dried cranberries and cranberry juice have been tested for FODMAPs, fresh cranberries have not, so this recipe may not be appropriate during the strict phase of the diet. Consult with your dietitian.
LOW FODMAP CRANBERRY CRUSH Ingredients
- 3 CUPS (700 ML) WATER
- 1 Bag (12 OUNCES, OR 340 G) FRESH OR FROZEN CRANBERRIES, RINSED AND DRAINED
- 2 CUPS (400 G) Sugar
- ½ cup (120 ML) FRESH ORANGE JUICE
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ML) FRESH LEMON JUICE
LOW FODMAP CRANBERRY CRUSH Steps
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the cranberries and sugar.
- Lower the heat and gently boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a coarse-mesh sieve over a freezer-safe 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) pan.
- Pour the cranberry mixture through the sieve, letting the juice drain into the pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to press down on the cranberries in order to extract all of the juice.
- Discard the cranberries or reserve them for another use.
- Stir the orange and lemon juices into the cranberry juice in the pan and freeze overnight.
- Cut the crush into squares and serve in bowls.
- Slurp up every last drop with a spoon!