YIELD: 20 COOKIES
They’re low-FODMAP and reduced fat!
And they’re crispy on the outside but chewy inside the ideal combination, in my opinion.
Stick with the chopped dark chocolate during the strict phase of the diet.
To make your cookies picture-perfect, set aside some of the chopped chocolate and press a few to the top of each cookie right after they come out of the oven.
LOW FODMAP CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES Ingredients
- 2 CUPS (324 G) BASIC FLOUR BLEND
- ½ TEASPOON SALT
- ½ TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- ½ TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 4 TABLESPOONS (55 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED, OR VIRGIN COCONUT OIL (56 G)
- ½ CUP (115 G) PACKED BROWN SUGAR
- ¼ CUP (50 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 LARGE EGG OR 1 CHIA EGG REPLACER
- 1 TEASPOON PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 CUP (175 G) CHOPPED DARK CHOCOLATE (OR SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS,IF TOLERATED), DIVIDED
LOW FODMAP CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES Steps
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together the Basic Flour Blend, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in ⅔ cup (117 g) of the chopped dark chocolate (reserving cup [58 g] to press onto the tops of the cookies).
- Roll the dough into 1½-inch (4 cm) balls and place on the prepared cookie sheets, 12 per sheet.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes until the bottoms of the cookies are just barely beginning to turn golden.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press 4 or 5 pieces of chocolate onto the top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.