YIELD: 1 SERVING
You know those late-night chocolate cravings that are impossible to shake once they strike? This
microwave cake is the answer, so go ahead and indulge. (Okay, so this recipe does involve 90
seconds of microwaving time, plus dirtying up a bunch of measuring spoons—but trust me, you
won’t regret it!) For an extra-special treat, top it with a small scoop of low-FODMAP, lactose-free
vanilla ice cream.
LOW FODMAP VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE Ingredients
- 1½ TEASPOONS VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
- 1½ TEASPOONS LACTOSE-FREE OR NONDAIRY MILK
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- ¼ TEASPOON PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 TABLESPOONS (20 G) BASIC FLOUR BLEND
- 1½ TEASPOONS UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- ⅛ TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- PINCH OF SALT
- 1 TEASPOON FINELY CHOPPED DARK CHOCOLATE (OR MINI SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS,
LOW FODMAP ONE-MINUTE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE Steps
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl, mug, or ramekin.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds to melt the coconut oil.
- Stir in the milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the Basic Flour Blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir well.
- Stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and then serve immediately.