YIELD: 6 SERVINGS, ¾ CUP (75 G) EACH
A delicious concoction that’s slowly baked until it’s super-crunchy and infused with berry flavour. For an extra hit of berry goodness, top it with fresh strawberries and blueberries. As with the Pumpkin Pecan Granola, stick to the suggested serving size so you don’t overdose on oats, which have moderate levels of FODMAPs.
LOW FODMAP BERRY GRANOLA Ingredients
- 2 CUPS (64 G) GLUTEN-FREE CRISPY RICE CEREAL (SUCH AS EREWHON—CHECK PRODUCT INGREDIENTS FOR FODMAPS)
- 1 1/2 CUPS (120 G) QUICK-COOKING OATS (GLUTEN-FREE IF NECESSARY)
- 1/2 CUP (60 G) CHOPPED WALNUTS
- 1/3 CUP (80 ML) WATER
- 1/3 CUP (67 G) SUGAR
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 2 TABLESPOONS (28 ML) WALNUT OIL
- 1 TABLESPOON (15 ML) RASPBERRY EXTRACT (IMITATION IS FINE)
LOW FODMAP BERRY GRANOLA Steps
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C, or gas mark 2). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice cereal, oats, and walnuts. Combine the water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Stir in the walnut oil and raspberry extract. Pour into the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until dry and lightly toasted. Do not stir during the baking time! Let cool before breaking apart into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container for several weeks.